Welcome to Flaxseeds & Fairytales (F&F)! This is your special place to relax and just be. 😌 I’m so happy you’re here!
My name is Alyssa and meditation is my superpower! ✨
I teach women a practical and science-based approach to meditation that gets results in just 10 minutes a day. Even if you’re brand new to meditation, you can easily follow my proven approach to reduce stress, improve sleep, increase happiness, and so much more!
Join the free 7 Day Meditation Challenge to experience the powerful benefits of meditation in just one week. You will receive free guided meditations delivered straight to your inbox plus helpful tips and surprise gifts! 🎁
Hi there! My name is Alyssa. It’s so nice to meet you. 😀
I’m a certified group fitness instructor, meditation coach, and health blogger who has helped thousands of people experience optimal health and happiness.
But before all that, I was sick, stressed, and just generally feeling blah. I was often overwhelmed by stress and anxiety, which began to cause health issues and physical pain.
I felt helpless, lonely, and stuck in a rut. Then, everything changed.
I teach women a practical and science-based approach to meditation that gets results in just 10 minutes a day. I believe that anyone can unlock the powerful benefits of meditation with the right method.
There are a lot of so-called meditation “gurus” out there who are all about rubbing crystals and chanting “OM”. We won’t be doing any of that here.
I teach a simple approach to meditation that’s based in science to get you the quickest results. My meditation techniques are designed to:
✅ Reduce Stress
✅ Manage Anxiety
✅ Improve Sleep
✅ Increase Happiness
✅ Enhance Focus & Productivity
✅ Decrease Pain
✅ Promote Emotional & Physical Health
Together, we’ll use meditation as a tool to unlock the happiest and healthiest version of you!
How I Can Help You
Meditation is a science-based practice with many proven benefits. These benefits include reduced stress, less anxiety, better sleep, improved focus, and so much more!
Unfortunately, there are many people who meditate that never fully experience these benefits. Oftentimes, people believe they have to meditate for hours a day or rub crystals in order for meditation to “work”.
This is simply not true. Here’s the secret to unlocking the benefits of meditation quickly: consistency. You don’t need hours a day or any magical ingredients. You simply need to build a consistent practice based on a proven approach.
I’ll help you build a consistent meditation practice that gets results in just 10 minutes a day.
All the guided meditations on this site were designed with your busy schedule in mind. If you have 10 minutes, you can improve your life with meditation.
I recommend joining the free 7 Day Meditation Challenge to unlock the powerful benefits of meditation quickly. It will help you build a consistent practice with one week of free guided meditations delivered straight to your inbox. Each meditation is just 10 minutes long, so it fits easily into your busy day.
Where to Start
Ready to upgrade your life with meditation? Here’s the best way to get started!
- Join the free 7 Day Meditation Challenge!
The 7 Day Meditation Challenge is the best way to experience the benefits of meditation quickly and fully. It includes one week of free guided meditations delivered straight to your inbox plus helpful tips and surprise gifts! This is the fast track to building a consistent and effective meditation practice in just 10 minutes a day.
- Join the Ladies Who Meditate community
Ladies Who Meditate is my free Facebook group where we discuss all things meditation! This is a safe place for women to learn, share experiences, and ask questions about meditation. I’m in the group every day sharing free guided meditations, helpful tips, and answering questions! Come hang out with me! 😄
If you’re new to meditation, joining the group is your first step towards significantly reducing stress in just 10 minutes a day! Let’s do this together! 💖
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel.
I post free guided meditations on my YouTube channel regularly. Subscribe here so you never miss out on new videos. 🔔 Remember to click the bell to turn on post notifications.
- Follow me on social media.
Following me on social media is the best way to stay up-to-date on all things meditation and F&F! I post exclusive content on social media that you can’t find anywhere else. Let’s be friends!
- Check these popular posts!
Start or progress your meditation practice with these popular posts:
A Complete Beginner’s Guide to Meditation
Guided Meditation for Beginners
Meditation for Weight Loss – How to Lose 10+ in 30 Days
6 Awesome Ways to Meditate in Bed
Guided Meditation for Deep Sleep
12 Funny Meditation Quotes
How to Explain Meditation to a Child
Meditation for Focus and Concentration
10 Minute Guided Breathing Meditation
Meditation for Anxiety and Stress Relief
If you’ve made it this far, thanks for reading! You’re seriously awesome. 🎉
Want to learn more about me? Let’s get personal. 😉 Here are some fun and completely random facts about me.
- My favorite dessert is cupcakes. 🧁 Yes it’s kind of cliche, but they’re so cute and colorful. Who can resist? Bonus fact: My favorite flavor is chocolate lava (the molten center kind) with strawberry cream cheese frosting! 🍫🍓
- Before I became a full-time blogger, I worked in public policy. I received my Master of Public Affairs from the University of Michigan (gooo Wolverines!) in 2017. I was primarily interested in public health, so I could help others become the healthiest versions of themselves. F&F allows me to continue to pursue this goal today, but on a more personal level.
- I met my husband, Garrett, in college but we didn’t get married until 9 years later! We met junior year and stayed close friends after graduation. Once we finally realized we were right for each other, we tied the knot after just 6 months of dating. 🥰 We’ve been happily married ever since!
- Garrett and I are both full time bloggers! We love it because it gives us the time, money, and freedom to travel. We recently started a second blog called Blog Come True, where we teach aspiring entrepreneurs to start their own blogs and grow their income quickly.
- My guilty pleasure? Online shopping! 👛
Thank you so much for stopping by! ❤️ If you have any questions or comments, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get right back to you!
Happy meditating! 😀