Want to know if Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing is right for you? As a 2019 student of the course, my brutally honest review will help you make the best decision. Scroll to the end for a 2019 coupon code AND a quiz that will tell you if Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing will be a good investment for your business! I’m also offering a special bonus for anyone who enrolls in the course using my link that will give you EXTRA income!
This post contains affiliate links. I only post links to products I completely trust and highly recommend. Please see full disclosure here.
One of the most inspiring blogs in the entire world for business owners is hands down, Making Sense of Cents by Michelle Schroeder-Gardner. This incredible young lady was featured in Forbes for making over $1 million from her blog! That’s right– she’s a 20 something year old millionaire! How cool is that?
So how does she do it? Believe it or not, her income is largely from affiliate marketing! If you look at her June 2018 income report, she made $57,228 from affiliate marketing alone in ONE MONTH! And that was over half her income that month.
So of course, it made natural sense for Michelle to create her very own Making Sense of Cents affiliate marketing course to teach us everything she knows! The name of the course? Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing! And in case you think her success is a one off– Michelle has effectively taught wildly prosperous bloggers like Rosemarie Groner of Busy Budgeter and Saira Perl of Mom Resource. Both of these bloggers make huge incomes from their blogs largely from affiliate marketing. I’m telling you– THIS STUFF WORKS.
Okay, enough back story. Let’s get into the real reason you’re here. Is Making Sense of Affiliate Maketing right for you? Despite the success this course has created for countless bloggers, it’s an investment that isn’t for everyone. I’ll give you my honest opinion of Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing in this review, so you can decide if it’s right for you! Remember to scroll to the end for the exclusive BONUS I’m offering through my link. Let’s dive in.
Please note that I am an affiliate for the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Course. If you purchase the course through my link, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only post links for products I completely trust and highly recommend. Thanks for your support!
Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Review for 2019
So let’s get started with this honest Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Review! By the end of this section, you will have a general overview of the course basics, the pros, the cons, and my 2019 results!
Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Review: The Basics
I started the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course at the beginning of January 2019 and finished by the end of February 2019. The course is self-paced and made up entirely of text PDFs. Many people finish the course in a few days, but I wanted to go through the material slowly and really absorb it. It took me about 2 months to go through the entire course. Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing is made up of 6 modules, over 30 lessons, a printable course workbook, bonuses, and a private Facebook mastermind group. It’s currently priced at a one time payment of $197 or two payments of $105 (payment plan).
Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing gives you all the basic information you need to rock affiliate marketing. This includes:
- How to choose the right affiliate products for your audience
- The important legal disclosures you need to start selling affiliate products
- Strategies for promoting affiliate products on your blog, social media, and to your email list
- And much, more more!
If you’re wondering “How can I monetize my blog with affiliate marketing?” the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course is sure to answer all your questions! And the best part? If you have a question the course doesn’t answer, you can just hop onto the extremely helpful Facebook mastermind group (available exclusively to those who have taken the course) and ask! You could even get an answer from Michelle herself who is very active in the Facebook group and extremely helpful. For many people, the mastermind group alone is worth the price of the course!
Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Review: The Pros
So now that you know the basics, you’re probably wondering what the BEST parts of the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course are. Here’s my honest opinion:
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing is extremely well-organized and easy to follow. The course is broken down into modules, which will help you stay focused. Each lesson is clear and concise with the exact steps you need for success! There was nothing confusing or difficult about this course.
- One of my favorite parts of the course is the printable workbook sheets! They helped me keep track of my ideas and stay motivated. One of my workbook sheets contains my entire affiliate marketing strategy that I created for myself based on the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course and it’s been making me income every month of autopilot ever since!
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing comes with some fantastic bonuses, including a PDF checklist of 9 Things You Must Do When Something Goes Viral. I’ve had several viral pins in 2019 and this checklist really helped me capitalize on them. I would have left new fans and so much income on the table without this list. That alone was worth the price of the course for me.
- I personally loved the lesson entitled “80+ Affiliate Program Ideas for Different Niches”. Before I took Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing, most of my affiliate income came from Amazon Associates and a handful of other random programs I had joined. I didn’t realize there were SO many different affilliate programs out there that I could join with such high commissions! I was leaving so much money on the table without even realizing it. This one lesson alone added so much to my monthly affiliate income.
- After you complete the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course, you get to join the affiliate program! After you join, you’ll be able to make 40% commission on every course you sell. This is an extremely generous commission! This means you could make your investment back and MORE by selling the course just 3 times. Not bad right? If you love the course like I did, the affiliate program is a great opportunity to share your honest opinion with other bloggers.
- The two most valuable things I learned from Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing were 1) I needed a concrete affiliate marketing strategy in order to truly succeed and 2) I needed to diversify the affiliate products I was selling. Before I took this course, I was kind of scattered and just dropped affiliate links wherever it seemed appropriate. This worked fine, but it wasn’t really a strategy. Once I devised my affiliate marketing strategy using the principles in the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course, my income skyrocketed because I was placing links with intention. This is hugely important for success with affiliate marketing and the course will show you exactly how to do this! I also began selling a wider range of affiliate products with larger commissions, which really helped my income as well.
Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Review: The Cons
If so far the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course sounds too good to be true, it’s NOT! I promised you an honest review and that includes the downsides of the course. There are definitely some drawbacks to Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing and I’m going to share them with you now:
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing is made up entirely of text based PDFs. There are no videos at all. I actually didn’t mind this because I’m a big reader and the text format makes it easier for me to take notes (when I take video based courses, I find myself having to pause and rewind the video a few dozen times so I can take notes). If you’re a more visual or auditory learner, this could be a drawback for you. However, the text lessons in Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing are very concise and clear so they should be pretty easy to absorb no matter what kind of learner you are.
- A lot of times main takeaways from previous lessons were restated several times throughout the course, which I found a little redundant. However, I actually think Michelle’s purpose was to emphasize the most important lessons so we won’t forget them. From that perspective, it could be a pro. It really just depends on what your personal learning style is.
- The biggest drawback of Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing for me was that most of the material is geared toward beginners. The primary thing I learned was how to devise an effective affiliate marketing strategy, but I didn’t find any of the material to be super groundbreaking or advanced. This is mainly because I have been blogging for several years and am very familiar with the business. Flaxseeds & Fairytales is my second blog, so I already knew a great deal about affiliate marketing when I took the course. I already had what I would consider “intermediate or better knowledge” of affiliate marketing, so this course was a little basic for my level of experience. That being said I’m still glad I took it because even though I already knew most of the information, I’d never had it presented in such a clear and intentional way. It really tied it all together for me, which helped increase my income. And if you’re a beginner blogger, you will LOVE this course because it will teach you everything you need to know to rock affiliate marketing from the beginning (something I wish I had known how to do when I started my first blog!)
Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Review: The Results
Overall, I received great results from the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course. I finished the course at the end of Feburary 2019. It’s now beginning of May 2019 and my affiliate marketing income has increase by over 250% in just 2 months. Pretty good, right?
I will say it’s probably not the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course alone that increased my affiliate income by that amount. I’ve also focused more on SEO and increased my traffic during that time (which naturally increases affiliate sales). But I definitely attribute a lot of my recent affiliate marketing succeess to the strategies learned in Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing.
Is Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing the best affiliate marketing course in 2019?
The honest answer to this is that it depends. If you are a new blogger (<1 year of blogging experience) and you want to start monetizing your blog right away with affiliate marketing, I would say YES this is the best affiliate marketing course you can take in 2019. It’s perfect for new bloggers because it lists out everything you need to know in a very clear way (no weird techy language) and teaches you all the basics. If you are a new blogger or if you’ve had a blog for a while but don’t know how to monetize it, Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing could be the best investment you make in 2019. It’s fairly inexpensive compared to other blogging classes I’ve taken (i.e. Elite Blog Academy was almost $1000 in 2019) so it’s a reasonable investment even if you’re not making any blogging income yet.
If you’re a more advanced blogger who has been blogging for several years and is already making $5000 or more per month with affiliate marketing, Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing may not be as helpful to you. As I mentioned before, it’s a pretty basic course that doesn’t contain any new or complex affiliate marketing strategies. That being said, it could still be helpful to you if you feel like your affiliate marketing strategy is a bit scattered (like mine was) and needs more focus and intention. Just because you’re already making money with affiliate marketing doesn’t mean you couldn’t make more right?
Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Review for 2019 FAQs
In this section, I’ll answer some general questions about affiliate marketing and the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course so you can get a better idea of whether or not this course is for you.
What is affiliate marketing and how does it work?
In case you’re totally new to affiliate marketing, I wanted to take a minute to explain what affiliate marketing is and how it works. Affiliate marketing is an easy way to earn earn commissions by promoting other people’s products. For example, one affiliate program I promote is the American Council on Exercise (ACE)— which is a great affiliate program if you’re a health or fitness blogger. ACE is where I got my group fitness instructor certification and it’s an organization that I love and trust. I promote ACE on my blog through posts like this one and if someone makes a purchase through ACE, I earn 8% commission.
There’s a lot more to affiliate marketing than that (and you’ll learn all about it when you take the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course) but that’s the basics.
How do you monetize a blog with affiliate marketing?
Monetizing a blog with affiliate marketing is simple and nearly passive. You just place affiliate links on your site and when your audience makes a purchase, you earn a commission. Sounds easy right? Well yes and no. Placing links is easy, but enticing your audience to make purchases is way harder. That’s where Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing comes in. You can’t just randomly place links on your site– you need a strategy! This course will teach you the simplest strategy for earning commissions, while still maintaing trust and authenticity with your audience.
Can you really make money as an affiliate marketer?
Yes– absolutely! As I mentioned above, Michelle makes over $50,000 a month from affiliate marketing alone. And she’s not the only one– tons of successful bloggers make thousands of dollars every month using affiliate marketing. Anyone can make money with affiliate marketing– the big question is how much money? A comprehensive course like Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing could be the difference between earning $5 a month or $5000 a month from affiliate marketing.
Do you need a blog to be an affiliate marketer?
No, you don’t need a blog to be an affiliate marketer. Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing shows you how to sell affiliate products through social media and your email list. While having your own website helps, it’s not entirely necessary to your success.
Is Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing the right course for me in 2019? (QUIZ!)
If you’ve read up to here, good for you! I know this Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing review is A LOT of information, but I just want to help you make the best decision possible! As a blogger, I know how important it is to make the right investments for your business so I’ve created a quick quiz to help you decide if the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course is right for you! Let’s do it!
- Are you a blogger?
- Are you interested in making more income with your blog?
- Do you have less than 1 year of experience blogging OR are you fairly new to monetizing your blog?
- Do you consider yourself to have “beginner-ish level” experience in affiliate marketing (i.e. on a scale of 1-10 you’d consider your affiliate marketing knowledge to be a 6 or below?)
- Do you want to be a full-time blogger making enough money to support your family, travel, etc with your blog alone?
If you answered YES to all the questions above then do not hesitate! I would invest in Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing as soon as possible. It will really help you skyrocket your blog income.
If you answered YES to some of the questions above then I would highly consider investing in Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing. It will definitely help you make more money blogging.
If you answered NO to all of the questions above then I would hold off on purchasing Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing. Wait until an investment like this makes more sense for you.
Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Coupon Code 2019
If you’re looking for a 2019 coupon code for the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course, you’re in luck! Michelle often offers coupon codes via her email list, which you can sign up for on her blog here. I’m a proud member of the Making Sense of Cents email list. The money and blogging tips Michelle sends out via email have been super valuable to me.
I will also periodically post 2019 coupon codes for Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing RIGHT HERE as I become aware of them. If there’s no 2019 coupon code currently listed here, it means there isn’t one at the moment or I’m not aware of it. Check back here periodically, if you’re hoping to get a discount on the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course in 2019. There may be a Black Friday sale! 😉
Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing EXCLUSIVE BONUS (for F&F readers!)
Earning an income through my blog changed my life and I want to help you succeed too. So for a limited time, I am offering my own personal step-by-step process for creating an affiliate marketing strategy that will make you money while you sleep! As I mentioned before, affiliate marketing is nearly passive and takes very little work once the link is placed. This means you can make thousands of dollars every month through affiliate marketing while you sleep, travel, spend time with your family, and more! You just need the right affiliate marketing strategy!
If you sign up for Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing through my link, I’ll send you my exclusive “How to Create the Perfect Affiliate Marketing Strategy and Make Money While You Sleep” BONUS! This is my own personal step-by-step checklist for how to create an affiliate marketing strategy that makes you money on autopilot. When used in conjunction with the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course, you could make money every month while you sleep!
In order to receive the BONUS, enroll in Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing though this link here and then email your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org! I will send you the “How to Create the Perfect Affiliate Marketing Strategy and Make Money While You Sleep” Bonus right away. 😃
Final Notes on Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Review for 2019
I hope you found this Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Review for 2019 helpful! I would never want you to make a purchase you’re unhappy with, so I tried my best to give you all the honest information you need to make an educated choice for yourself! Speaking of which, Michelle does offer a generous refund policy for the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course! If you are not happy with the course, you can get a full refund in the first 30 days IF you can show that you went through the course and took action. So what do you have to lose?
If you’re just starting out as a blogger and dream of making a full-time income with your blog, I do highly recommend that you invest in this course. $197 is a small price to pay for the freedom and success you could have as a full-time blogger. I definitely couldn’t have the lifestyle I want without the income I’ve earned from my blog through affiliate marketing. If your dream is to be a full-time blogger too, this course could help you make that dream a reality! Never be afraid to invest in your dreams– you only live once (corny but true!) Who knows? Maybe a few years from now I’ll be reading in Forbes about how YOU made $1 million a year from your blog! And it could all start with the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Course. Never be afraid to dream BIG! I did and I’ve never regretted it.
If you have any further questions about the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course, you can drop them in the comments below and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible! I’m here to help you! Whether you decide to invest in the course or not, I wish you the absolute best of luck on your blogging journey! We’re all in this together. ❤️
Enroll in Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing today and make all your blogging dreams come true! It’s one of the best investments you can make for your business in 2019. Remember to enroll through my link and email your receipt to email@example.com for your “How to Create the Perfect Affiliate Marketing Strategy and Make Money While You Sleep” BONUS!
If you enjoyed this post, you will also love:
How I Improved My Food Photography Overnight
5 Health Books to Read in 2019
A Complete Beginner’s Guide to Meditation
65 Things to Do Instead of Watching TV
12 Relaxing Books to Read Before Bed for a Great Night’s Sleep
Pin for later! 😃Pin for later! 😃