Hi, my name is Alyssa! Welcome to Flaxseeds & Fairytales (F&F), a health and wellness blog. I’m so glad you stopped by! I can’t wait to show you all the exciting resources I created to help YOU achieve your very own healthy, happily ever after. I believe in a balanced approach to health and wellness that includes healthy eating, fitness, meditation, travel, general wellness, and more! This blog is your fairy godmother—it contains everything you need to make your health and fitness dreams come true!
Why Flaxseeds & Fairytales? Because happily ever after starts with seeds. Every time you make a small step toward better health, you’re planting a seed. Whether it’s trying a new smoothie recipe, participating in a yoga class for the first time, or getting a better night’s sleep, these “baby” steps are slowly but surely leading you toward increased health and vitality. Essentially, the name, Flaxseeds & Fairytales, is a more creative interpretation of health (the “flaxseeds”) and happiness (the “fairytales”). Together, these two things combine to give you a more balanced and fulfilling life.
At this point, you’re probably thinking “Yes! That sounds awesome! But, where do I start?” Great question! Here are some of my favorite and most popular posts in each section:
Interviews: Coming soon!
In addition to the above posts, I encourage you to visit some of the main pages listed below to learn more about me and the blog! Here’s an overview:
- I highly encourage all my readers to visit my About the Blog page, which contains my vision for the blog and a detailed description of all the categories on the site. This page will help you get the most out of your F&F experience!
- If you want to learn more about the blogger behind F&F (me!), you can check out the About Me page to learn more about my credentials and some fun personal facts!
- When I was 24 years old, I developed an unusual chronic nerve pain condition that left me debilitated for over 2 years. I eventually treated my condition and achieved optimal health through the introduction of a healthy diet, exercise, meditation, supplements and overall healthy habits. I worked with a doctor and a nutritionist who emphasized healthy lifestyle changes and treating the root cause of illness. My struggle inspired me to start F&F, so that I could help others achieve a fuller, happier life through good health and fitness habits. To read the full story of my illness, my recovery, and the lessons I learned, visit My Health Fairytale.
- F&F’s mission is to help EVERYONE live a healthier life, regardless of background or income. In order to support this mission, a percentage of the proceeds from this blog will be donated to a reputable charity organization focused on healthy living (i.e. healthy meals for low income communities, exercise programs for kids). F&F is all about its readers, so YOU get to choose which organization will receive the money. Check out the Philanthropy page for more information on how you can make a difference!
- In order to make your journey toward a happier and healthier life as easy as possible, I’ve compiled a list of my absolute favorite resources for healthy living. Every product that I recommend is one that I’ve used personally to jumpstart my healthy, happily ever after. You can find the full list in the Resources section.
- Please note that I follow at strict gluten-free diet, so all the recipes on the blog are gluten-free! In addition, if a recipe is vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, Paleo, or Whole30, it will say so on the recipe card under “Cuisine”.
- Join the free F&F private Facebook Group, Meditation Ever After! This is the group for everyone and anyone who is interested in meditation! Whether you’re just curious about meditation or you’ve been practicing for years, this group is for you! Request to join here!
Thank you so much for stopping by! If you like what you see on the blog, I highly recommend that you sign up for my FREE email newsletter. The F&F newsletter features exclusive content available ONLY to email subscribers! It will help you jumpstart your wellness journey and serve as a little reminder to prioritize your health when life gets in the way. Sign up now using the blue SUBSCRIBE box in the top right hand corner of the blog. Join the F&F community today! (I hate spam and promise to keep your email address safe!)
Enough chit chat! 😉 Your healthy, happily ever after starts right here, right NOW! Start your journey today—and, remember! I’m always here if you need me. Helping my F&F readers is my full-time job and it means everything to me. If you have questions or would like to chat, please feel free to comment on a post or reach out via the Contact page. I love hearing from my readers and I always respond to legitimate inquiries! Thanks again for stopping by!