Learn how to make natural homemade deodorant! It’s so easy with these 50 + amazing DIY natural deodorant recipes that work! Make quick homemade deodorant and antiperspirant that will help you smell great no matter how much you sweat! With all the health issues conventional deodorant is linked to, there’s no better time to start making your own. Let’s get started!
This post contains affiliate links. I only post links to products I completely trust and highly recommend. Please see full disclosure here.
I’m a certified group fitness instructor and when I teach classes, I SWEAT!! I mean, seriously sweat! If anyone needs a deodorant that holds up in any situation, it’s me. When I heard about all the health risks associated with conventional deodorant (see #1 in the FAQs below for more details), I was really reluctant to switch to natural because I heard rumors that it was ineffective. I’m so glad I tried it! Not only does DIY natural deodorant work like a charm– I actually felt less smelly and sweaty than I used it. No joke! Now of course, not all homemade deodorant recipes are created equal. I’ve spent a lot of time researching and trying different recipes, so I can promise you these are the absolute BEST homemade deodorant recipes out there! If you’re looking for DIY natural deodorant recipes that actually WORK, these are the only recipes you’ll ever need– guaranteed!
Before we get to the recipes, let’s first address a few FAQs about natural and DIY deodorant.
1. Do I really need to use natural deodorant?
Yes, you really do! Conventional deodorant contains dangerous ingredients that have been linked to all sorts of health issues. These ingredients include but are not limited to:
- Propylene Glycol
- and much more!
These ingredients have been associated with cancer, allergies, skin irritation, toxicity, and more. If your deodorant at home contains any of these ingredients, I urge you try to one of these DIY natural deodorant recipes. Your skin and your health will thank you! For more information, check out this article here.
2. Does natural deodorant really work?
It really does! Just like conventional deodorant, you just need to find the one that’s most effective for you. I’ve tested out many different DIY natural deodorant recipes and these 52 are the absolute best! I’m sure you’ll find one on this list that will work for you.
If you’d like to try a store-bought natural deodorant instead, this is the one I recommend (it’s a natural antiperspirant too!)
3. How long does homemade deodorant last?
This really depends. There’s a lot of factors that affect how long deodorant lasts (even conventional deodorant), including humidity, temperature, level of activity, hormones, and a lot more. All I can say is that I do have a tendency to sweat excessively and the DIY natural deodorant recipes on this list worked for me!
This HUGE list of the 50+ best DIY natural deodorant recipe is the only resource you’ll ever need for making your own deodorant or antiperspirant! Here’s some of the things you’ll learn from this post:
- The best essential oils for deodorant– Grapefruit essential oil (used in #1, #4, and others) is popular for DIY natural deodorant because of its antibacterial properties. Another common DIY natural deodorant essential oil is tea tree oil, which is used in many of the recipes on this list including #5 and #19. Tea tree oil is an antibacterial and helps fight odor. I also love the combination of vanilla and lavender essential oils that #21 uses!
- How to make DIY deodorant without baking soda– Check out #3, #13, and #30 for a few of the DIY deodorant recipes without baking soda!
- How to make homemade deodorant with bentonite clay– Bentonite clay is awesome for drawing out impurities in the skin! Check out #10, #18, and #45 for homemade deodorant recipes with bentonite clay as an ingredient.
- Recipes for homemade deodorant sticks– Most of the recipes on this list are for deodorant sticks! Some of my favorites include #9 and #33.
- Recipes for homemade deodorant spray– Homemade deodorant spray is a great alternative to stick deodorant. Check out #3, #11, and #39 to learn how to make homemade deodorant spray!
- How to make DIY deodorant without coconut oil– Check out #20 and #40 for DIY deodorant without coconut oil.
- Recipes for DIY gel deodorant– Check out #2 and #16 for natural DIY gel deodorant recipes!
- Recipes for DIY deodorant powder– If you’re looking for DIY deodorant powder recipes, check out #12 and #41.
- Recipes for homemade antiperspirant (including homemade antiperspirant for excessive sweating!)– If you’re looking for a good natural antiperspirant, in addition to deodorant, you’ll love #5 and #26! Also check out #50 for homemade antiperspirant spray.
- Recipes for arrowroot powder deodorant– A lot of the deodorants on this list use arrowroot powder to absorb moisture. I really like #14 and #29!
- Recipes for homemade deodorant without arrowroot– If you’re avoiding arrowroot, try #42!
Ready to find the perfect homemade deodorant recipe for you! Let’s get started!
Don’t want to make your own natural deodorant? Try my favorite store-bought one here!
Best DIY Natural Deodorant Recipes that WORK!
1. Simple Homemade Deodorant from Simple Green Smoothies
This is a quick homemade deodorant recipe that uses arrowroot and coconut oil as a base. Super easy & effective!
2. Homemade Gel Deodorant from Beautymunsta
A cooling natural DIY gel deodorant made with aloe vera gel. Perfect for summer!
3. DIY Spray Deodorant from Wellness Mama
This easy DIY deodorant spray is made without baking soda and won’t stain your clothes!
4. DIY Natural Deodorant from The Healthy Maven
This DIY natural deodorant recipe uses grapefruit oil as an antibacterial along with floral lavender for the perfect scent!
5. Homemade Deodorant Antiperspirant from Bellatory
This quick homemade deodorant recipe uses cornstarch, which acts as a natural antiperspirant that will help keep you dry.
6. Homemade Deodorant from Pronounce
This is a DIY deodorant without baking soda! It’s an arrowroot powder deodorant recipe that works wonders on sweat.
7. Natural Deodorant Recipe from Sweat Block
I love this DIY natural deodorant recipe because it uses shea butter as a moisturizer for extra smooth pits!
8. Natural Homemade Deodorant for Sensitive Skin from Oh, The Things We’ll Make!
If you’re looking for a DIY natural deodorant for sensitive skin, this is a great choice! It uses zinc as a natural deodorant that doesn’t irritate the skin.
9. Homemade Deodorant Stick from Houseful of Handmade
This is one of my favorite homemade deodorant stick recipes! It’s super easy to make and works like a charm!
10. DIY Natural Deodorant Solid Recipe from Don’t Mess with Mama
This is a great homemade deodorant with bentonite clay! Bentonite clay is great in DIY natural deodorants because it draws out impurities.
11. Flower Power DIY Deodorant Spray from Hello Glow
This homemade deodorant spray will help you smell fresh as a daisy!
12. Homemade Deodorant Powder with Essential Oils from The Homemade Experiment
Want to make a DIY deodorant powder? This one really works!
13. Homemade Deodorant Without Baking Soda from Coconut Mama
Here’s another amazing DIY deodorant without baking soda! It uses a wonderful essential oil blend and shea butter for a luxurious feel.
14. DIY Deodorant from Thank Your Body
This DIY deodorant uses coconut oil and arrowroot powder for a classic clean.
15. Homemade Deodorant Recipe from Mommypotamus
A quick deodorant recipe that really works!
16. All Natural Gel-Type Deodorant from A Step into Health
This is a great DIY gel deodorant that you can make in just a few minutes. It uses baking soda as a base.
17. DIY Natural Deodorant Bar (with Organic Ingredients) from Mama Instincts
This DIY natural deodorant recipe uses organic ingredients for an extra boost of health! Your body will definitely thank you for this one.
18. DIY All-Natural Detoxifying Deodorant from Body Unburdened
This DIY natural deodorant doesn’t just fight stink, it also detoxifies the body! The secret ingredient? Bentonite clay which has the ability to attract and bind toxins. If you want to try a homemde deodorant with bentonite clay, this is a great choice!
19. All-Natural Deodorant with Tea Tree from Modern Hippie
This is an arrowroot powder deodorant that works wonders on odor. It uses the powerful antibacterial, tea tree oil!
20. DIY Deodorant without Coconut Oil from Beautymunsta
While coconut oil is a great moisturizer, when used in DIY natural deodorant it can sometimes melt and stain. If you’re looking for a wonderful DIY deodorant without coconut oil, this is a great recipe!
21. Natural Deodorant DIY from A Beautiful Mess
I love the combination of lavender and vanilla essential oils this natural DIY deodorant uses!
22. DIY Coconut Oil Deodorant from Cadry’s Kitchen
This is a quick homemade deodorant recipe with only 3 ingredients!
23. Deodorant with Essential Oils from Farmhouse on Boone
If you want to learn about the best essential oils for deodorant, check out this recipe! You can even take a free essential oils class from Our Oily House.
24. Natural Deodorant Spray from Whole Lifestyle Nutrition
Learn how to make deodorant spray with only 2 ingredients!
25. Natural Deodorant from Bren Did
This is a DIY deodorant without baking soda that really works! I love that it uses mango butter for a fun twist.
26. Homemade Natural Antiperspirant Deodorant from Homemaker Chic
This homemade antiperspirant smells like vanilla and spearmint. A refreshing scent that’s super effective at blocking odor!
27. DIY Spray Deodorant with Magnesium from Kula Mama
Another fantastic homemade antiperspirant spray! Low magnesium levels have been associated with body odor, so this is a great homemade antiperspirant for excessive sweating. It stops sweat naturally at the source!
28. Homemade Deodorant Recipe with Lavender and Sage from Grow Forage Cook Ferment
Who doesn’t love the combination of lavender and sage? This homemade deodorant smells like a garden of fresh flowers and herbs!
29. Homemade Deodorant from Crunchy Betty
This simple homemade deodorant uses coconut oil and arrowroot powder as a base. If you’re looking for an arrowroot powder deodorant recipe, this is a great option!
30. Baking Soda Free Deodorant Bars with Bentonite Clay from Modern Hippie
If you’re looking for a homemade deodorant with bentonite clay AND a DIY deodorant without baking soda, this recipes kills two birds with one stone!
31. All Day Dry Natural Homemade Deodorant from Love Sweat Fitness
A DIY natural deodorant that takes 5 minutes to make and keeps you dry all day? YES PLEASE!
32. Homemade All Natural Deodorant from Lia Griffith
This fabulous DIY natural deodorant recipe combines the power of beeswax and zinc oxide for a crazy effective homemade deodorant!
33. Natural Homemade Deodorant Stick from DIY Natural
I love this homemade deodorant stick recipe! It works so well and doesn’t stain!
34. Homemade Mineral Salt Deodorant Spray from Holistic Health Herbalist
If you’re looking for something a bit different, this homemade deodorant spray is amazing! It’s basically DIY crystal deodorant made with pink himalayan salt. Genius!
35. Natural Coconut Oil Deodorant from The Live Fit Girls
If you’re looking for an easy coconut oil deodorant recipe, this is the perfect option!
36. DIY Natural Deodorant from The Blend
This amazing post from Rocky Mountain Oils will teach you the best essential oils for deodorant. It contains several fantastic homemade deodorant recipes using different blends of essential oils. This includes a homemade antiperspirant spray, DIY stick deodorant, and much more!
37. DIY Natural Deodorant with Frankincense for Sensitive Skin from Joybilee Farm
This is the perfect homemade deodorant recipe for sensitive skin! Frankincense oil is anti inflammatory, anti bacterial, and anti fungal while still being very gentle on sensitive skin. Check out this unique recipe for DIY natural deodorant.
38. DIY Natural Deodorant from Mazopiya
Here’s another quick homemade deodorant stick recipe! It uses beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter for a smooth finish.
39. DIY Essential Oil Deodorant Spray Recipe from The Miracle of Essential Oils
This is a lovely recipe for homemade deodorant spray using essential oils! If you want a quick homemade deodorant recipe that will help you smell fantastic all day, give this one a try.
40. How to Make Deodorant without Coconut Oil from Deodorant without Aluminum
If you’re interested in learning how to make DIY deodorant without coconut oil, this awesome post has not one… not two, but THREE recipes for it! Find out how to make deodorant spray, powder, and more without using any coconut oil.
41. Homemade Deodorant Powder from Kelly the Kitchen Kop
This DIY deodorant powder is guaranteed to keep you dry and smelling fresh all day long!
42. Easy Homemade Deodorant from Honest & Truly
A lot of the DIY natural deodorant recipes on the list have used arrowroot to absorb moisture. If you’re looking for a homemade deodorant without arrowroot, try this one on for size! It uses cornstarch instead.
43. DIY Lavender Melaleuca Natural Deodorant Recipe from Loving Essential Oils
If you love lavender, you HAVE to try this DIY natural deodorant recipe. It smells ahhh-mazing!
44. The BEST All Natural Deodorant from Happy Money Saver
This is the self-proclaimed best homemade deodorant recipe for a reason! It’s simple to make and super effective– what more could you want?
45. DIY Deodorant with Bentonite Clay & Coconut Oil from Overthrow Martha
I love this DIY natural deodorant with bentonite clay and coconut oil. AMAZING!
46. 2 Ingredient Deodorant Recipe from Care2
This DIY natural deodorant recipe has just TWO super simple ingredients! If you’re feeling lazy but still want to make your own deodorant, this one is for you!
47. Natural Creamy Magnesium Deodorant Recipe from The Nourished Life
I didn’t used to associate magnesium with the adjective “creamy” until I tried this creative homemade deodorant recipe! It uses a unique blend of ingredients to create a DIY natural deodorant that feels downright luxurious. Try it for yourself!
48. Easiest Natural DIY Deodorant Recipe Ever from Fertility Friday
Another super easy homemade deodorant recipe that uses just two ingredients! It takes less than 30 seconds to make and contains ingredients that you probably already have lying around your house.
49. An All-Natural Antiperspirant Deodorant DIY from Cityline
A great homemade antiperspirant for excessive sweating! I’ve used this one before while teaching group fitness classes and it kept me dry all the way through.
50. Antiperspirant Spray from Budget101
This simple homemade antiperspirant spray will keep you dry no matter what! It doesn’t use any of those nasty chemicals that conventional antiperspirant has yet it’s just as effective.
51. The Ultimate Homemade Deodorant for Sensitive Skin from A Blossoming Life
Another fantastic option for those looking for DIY deodorant without baking soda. This soothing DIY natural deodorant works well, even on super sensitive skin!
52. Herbal Deodorant Spray from Reformation Acres
If you’re interested in an herbal deodorant spray, this is one of the best recipes out there. Easy to make and smells incredible!
So there we have it! 52 natural DIY recipes for all your deodorant needs! With so many effective and easy homemade deodorant recipes, you’ll never have an excuse for buying conventional deodorant ever again. Happy (not) sweating! 😊
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll also like: